Friday, July 22

Walk into Nothingness

I walk
I don't know when I started
I do not think
I do not even know where I'm going
but I'm going

The stabbing pain of budding blisters
I stubbornly pound my feet
walking past empty, nothingness
not toward home or any place of safety
  Need of escaping

So focused
So focused on what I need to do
 Get away,
away from everything
to become what I believe

Forward; forward with my aching feet
until I don't feel anymore
I don't need food or water
I don't need breath or life
I become an observer

My eyes see everything
 when everyone else is passing by
Noticing the life I have
and the life I'm desperately reaching for.
Gnarling my fingers to get it in my grasp!

Hours feel like minutes
 Wanting to disappear for days
not knowing where I'm going
 falling off the flat of earth and unforgiving landscape
 having no idea where I ended

Disappear with me
No spoken words to repeat
follow and lets begin
to the life we are fighting towards
Walk with no life to look behind

Walk away alone
and free myself from being me
 only a ghost to be
that will always be chained
to this life that never felt like living





1 comment:

  1. “great stuff”, “nice article”, “very nice work”, “your writing is excellent”

    ReplyDelete