Thursday, December 16

last minute

The roar of angry mobs rushing at the heels of my feet; panting and clawing through the woods in the inky black night.
She wasn’t what they thought she was:
Not a vampire! No I didn’t kill my love Robert!
Grief flooded through my veins but I can’t let it overwhelm me; my hair a gnarled mess as they are caught in branches, my dress in tatters from the clawing thorns in the brush. If only the snapping twigs could have no sound I may have a chance to escape the misunderstanding towns people.
The trees broke open into upon a small lake. New moon night, still black glass like surface but the shushing of the water stop me before going head long into it.
My breath barely coming in my lungs, heart pounding almost hurting; the mob has been lost for now best to try and catching strength.
A hand clamped over my mouth and hushed me in my ear. “Be calm.” My deep voice whispered
That voice…Robert?!

No comments:

Post a Comment