Saturday, May 22

Moon Light is Dimming

*story*


Chapter 1
Escape

R
un.
          That was all that was going through my mind as I lunged over a fallen’ tree digging my claws deeper into the ground.
          I could hear my followers fifteen feet behide. Their bullets clanging together in their packs, the smell of gunpowder burned my nose. Skidding around trees going through bushes and thrones getting stuck in my fur; twigs and rocks sticking and twisting into my paws but it didn’t seem to affect them.
          There it was! My safe den! The hole in the rock perfect in this size; No pursuers could ever follow. I pushed my weakening muscles forward.
          Another crack of the firearm went of into the night’s air. I let out a pained yelp as it grazed my shoulder feeling a splinter of metal entering easily into my skin like butter. I fell over on my left side, only two feet away from my den.
          “Hurry, I got a hit!” called a man to his other hunter. I hear their pace quicken.
          I staggered to my feet and limped.
“No!” yelled the second shooter; as the shot went off and missed right above my head hitting the rocks.
Safe…safe
          I limped down the declining tunnel until it opened up into a cavern with a mattress on the floor.
I came upon the mattress and collapsed panting and soon fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment