Saturday, May 22

Paintbrush

I keep my paintbrush with me, whereever I may go,
In case I need to cover up, so the real me doesn't show.
I'm so afraid to show you me;afraid of what you'll do,
I'm afraid you'll laugh or say mean things; afaid I might lose you.
I'd like to remove all the layers, to show you the real, true me
But I want you to try to understand; I need you to like what you see.
So if you'll be patient and close your eyes, I'll remove the coats real
slow,
Please understand how much it hurts, to let the real me show.
Now that my coats are all stripped off, I feel naked, bare and cold,
And if you still find me pleasing, you are my friend, pure as gold.
I need to save my paintbrush though, and hold it in my hand,
I need to keep it handy in case someone doesn't understand.
So please protect me, my dear friend, and thanks for loving me true,
And please let me keep my paintbrush with me, until I love me, too.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this poem..I think all of us have a "paintbrush" handy for the same reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for loving this poem but before anyone accuses me of plagiarism, this is not a poem I made but could not find the author of this poem. I give my respects for it is an astoundingly well written. Hopefully I'll find the artist who wrote this.

    ReplyDelete